Many men think that the only spray tan is one that looks completely unnatural because most of the photos of men with noticeably fake tans come from when they are on stage in a Mr. Olympia Competition. Getting a spray tan as a male can be an intimidating experience but thankfully we put together some tips to consider before and after your session.
Before Your Spray Tan
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE GETTING A SPRAY TAN
- You’ll want to prep your skin beforehand. Men should shave their face 24 hours before their appointment, as shaving after your tanning treatment will act as an exfoliator and remove the colour.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before your session to allow time to rejuvenate moisture in your skin.
- Apply blending cream evenly over your hands and feet immediately before your session to avoid uneven results.
THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO BEFORE GETTING A SPRAY TAN
- Don't shave your legs right before or after your session as this may cause uneven results.
- Don't apply moisturizer to your skin before your session as this will block absorption of the tanning mist.
- Don't wear white or tight-fitting clothes to your session as this may cause staining or uneven results.
After Your Spray Tan
THINGS YOU SHOULD DO AFTER GETTING A SPRAY TAN
- Use the full 2 minute drying time to set your colour. Gently wash your hands after your session to remove any blending cream or excess spray.
- Use wet wipes to remove excess spray from the palms of your hands and soles of your feet.
THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T DO AFTER GETTING A SPRAY TAN
- Don't wear tight clothing for 4-6 hours after your session as it may cause uneven results.
- Don't use harsh exfoliants or cleansers after your session as this will fade your tan quicker.
See people's reactions, and get more info at fabspraytan.com